IEEE Madras Section is involved in many capacity building exercises for young students. In this regard, Student Project Funding (SPF) is being conducted successfully for the past 10 years since 2010 to motivate undergraduate students. A total of 63 projects were provided with a funding support of Rs. 5 lakhs for 60 plus Student Projects during the last 10 years. As a next progressive step, IEEE Madras section has embarked into extending Project funding support to PostGraduate students and Doctoral Scholars and is looking for novelty and state-of-the-art techniques in their submission. From these capacity building exercises, IEEE Madras Section emphasises and supports development of required communication and technical skills for the students/scholars.
Who is Eligible?
IEEE student members are eligible to apply, who is undergoing PG/Ph.D program from the College/University, with the guidance of IEEE Professional members working at Engineering Institutions of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry. Project duration period of maximum 6 months.
- The project may be on any engineering subject in the field of interest of IEEE (within the scope of IEEE transactions).
- Participants in the contest can be:
- Individual (must be an active IEEE student member);
- PG and Ph.D level work is carried out individually.
- All correspondence will be through the team leader who must be an active IEEE student member.
Detailed Abstract, documents, in 3 to 5 pages in MS-Word format and videos of the project to be sent to [email protected] followed by a hard copy, softcopy of documents, video in CD to the office address of IEEE Madras Section.
The detailed abstract should contain the following:
- Project title in English explaining Objectives,
- Social relevance,
- Methodology / tools used,
- Project estimation,
- Acknowledgements from the Institution
- Details of publication in IEEE journals, IEEE Conferences. If any will be added advantage
- Video of Project presentation in 3 minutes
Submission can be associated with any course work (project or research) from a recognized educational institute or extra-curricular work undertaken by the student/s
The project proposal must be original and must not contain plagiarized material.
The 3-minutes presentation followed by demonstration video of the project (3 minute). Any submission with more than the specified timing will be disqualified.
- Project guide, working in Engineering Institution/R&D institutions can supervise, only one project can be submitted in an academic year. The Project guide should be also an IEEE Member. All the project abstracts will be allotted a reference number by the section. All further correspondence will be made by referring the same.
- Change of project name / team members will not be entertained after proposal submission.
- Project should be innovative and repetition of the already available project will be disqualified.
- Since, the majority of the PG/Doctoral scholars work on simulation/analysis based work. The simulation/analysis work also will be considered.
The hardware based works need to be demonstrated to the committee.
- The project will be selected/rejected based on the validation from the panel of judges. Only the selected project will be given funding and certification. Rest of the participants is not eligible for participation certificate or funding.
- The outcome of the PG/Ph.D thesis work, they present in Conferences and Publish in Journals.
Covering letter with the following information is to be attached along with the detailed abstract, Name of the student(s) and guide with their contact and membership details, Institution affiliation details of supervisor and students with 3 minutes video of project presentation.
Personal declaration form by the faculty advisor or IEEE student counselor or Supervisor and student with the Bonafide Certificate as per Annexure-I, should be sent along with the abstract. It should be ensured that Plagiarism of the project proposal for proposed technical details is fixed as 12% and need to be submitted using licenced tool (similar to Turnitin)
Please note: Only two projects are accepted per institution, If more than two project proposals submitted, the remaining proposals will not be considered.