IEEE MAS News Letter Contents Submission Procedure
Applicable to all Society Chapters, IEEE SB and Section
Event organized with IEEE tag which includes IEEE SB activites, IEEE section activities, IEEE Society activities which are directly organized / co-organized or technically sponspored or any other association with IEEE, shall be informed to IEEE Madras Section in the mail id firstname.lastname@example.org
This done by means of copy of circulars / announcements. Multiple circulations may be avoided as this is only for proper registry maintenance and not an advertisement.
Even Reporting for News Letter (NL) Publishing
Please follow the guidelines given below for reporting events to be published in the newsletter through IEEE MAS LINK
- Report only the events sponsored by IEEE. Avoid reporting all events held in the college as IEEE events.
- Submit a consolidated NL report of activities organized in a calendar month. Newsletter reporting shall be submitted during 1st to 7th date of next month. (Example: Consolidated report of all activities in the month of April – reported within 7th May)
- Use SINGLE column format and the content may be in .doc / .docx formats only.
- It is preferred to have a picture associated with the event. DO NOT embed the photograph in the report document. Send ONE relevant photo separately per activity, in .jpg format, clearly indicating the photo correspondence to which event in case of multiple events being conducted and reported in a calendar month.
- The size of photo shall not exceed 1MB (1024 x 1024 pixels max.); you may do necessary cropping / re- sizing, but ensure that the information is not lost and clarity is preserved.
- Provide the sender’s name, full affiliation, membership no. and email id at the end of the document and in the email.
- Send the NL contents by email with the subject “[IEEE SB / Society Chapter] Activity Report of < College name in short, Location> for < Month > <Year >” Example: IEEE SB Activity Report of SSNCE, Kalavakkam for April 2018.
- Send the NL contents by email email@example.com. Note that the reports sent to other email ids may not be considered.
- Submit the Newsletter contents by 7th of the calendar month of events organized in preceding month to facilitate inclusion in that month’s issue of MAS LINK. The NL will be published on 15th of every month.
Pl. co-operate with us by adhering to the guidelines specified. Please note that the reports not adhering to these guidelines will not get published. The Editorial reserves right to do editing as required for clear publishing of reports.
Format for Event Reporting
Name of organizing unit : [SB of [College name]/ Society Chapter / Section / Other IEEE body] [SB indicate School code and Student Branch code also]
Co-organizing unit: [in case events are organized jointly with other IEEE units]
Date of Event:
Whether funds received from IEEE exclusively for this event:
Speaker details: [Name and affiliation of speakers]
Brief description: [in about 100 – 150 words]
Reported by: [Name, designation and email id] (Report to be submitted by SB counselor for events organized by IEEE SB and by Chapter Chairs for events organized by Society)
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org