Guidelines for IEEE Madras Section funding
for the Student Branches (SBs) for events such as
Conferences (national/international), Workshops, Symposiums, Seminars etc.,
The duration of the event to be funded should be of minimum one day (6-8 hours).
The funding will be considered for SBs who have submitted their activity reports for the earlier years. The new SBs are exempted from this condition for the first time.
While funding will be provided for a minimum of one event in a year, the SBs with membership of over 100 can apply for funding for the second event after a gap of six months to the first event.
Application in the prescribed format available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5jxEnDN1Cofbm03bUVhTTd5dGc/view?usp=sharing to be submitted to the Section Office by post and by email at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org through proper channel, at least THREE months (maximum) ONE month (minimum) ahead of the event with the following attachments:
- IEEE members list – both students and professionals with membership number valid for the current year
- A draft copy of the brochure or first call letter of the event. (The soft copy can be mailed before 8th of the month to email@example.com for publicity through the IEEE MAS LINK, the newsletter of IEEE Madras Section).
The funding application will be reviewed by the Finance & Student Activities Committees of the Section.
Once the sponsorship is approved in-principle by the Exe-Com, the SB will receive an intimation from the Section office, Chennai.
After receiving the approval, the SB Counsellors are requested to include the IEEE MAS logo in all the related communications such as Brochure, Invitation, Certificate, Proceedings (hard copy and soft copy), by incorporating the phrase “Supported by IEEE Madras Section”.
The base sponsorship amount will be Rs. 2500 for SBs having a membership up-to 25 and for every additional member, a sum of Rs. 50/- will be added to the base amount. However, the total sponsorship per event will be restricted to Rs. 12500/-
This sponsorship amount will be sent by cheque drawn in favour of the respective SB account, within a month on receipt of the following by the Section Office.
- Copies of the Brochure, Invitation, Certificate (if any)
- Copy of Proceedings/Souvenir (hard/soft copy)
- Utilization Certificate / Stamped Receipts signed by the SB Counsellor or Head of the Institution
- Brief report on the event with a good quality photo as per guidelines at for publication in IEEE MAS LINK