Guidelines for the conduct of Faculty Development Program through IEEE Madras Section
1. The Host institution organizing the FDP must have an active IEEE student branch/sufficient number of IEEE members.
2. Application with the following details should be submitted, 45 days before the event by post/ e-mail ([email protected]) to the IEEE Madras section:
- i. Name of the Organizer
- ii. IEEE student Branch details: (Code, Counselor name, Total membership)
- iii. Title of the proposed FDP:
- iv. Date (s):
- v. Venue:
- vi. A brief summary of topics to be covered:
- vii. List of resource persons:
- viii. Proposed budget:
- ix. Usefulness of the program for the faculty members.
After scrutinizing the application by the Execom members their decision will be informed to the applicant, which will be final.
3. The Faculty Development program should be conducted for minimum 2 days.
4. Registration Fee is Rs. 1000/- for non-IEEE member ( Rs. 500/- will be refunded if they enroll as member during that year) and Rs. 500/- for IEEE members to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favor of IEEE Madras section. (If the program is for more than 2 days then the registration fee may vary on a case-to-case basis).
5. The registration fee collected by the IEEE Madras Section will be used to meet the expenditure for the following items:
- i. Printing brochures and dispatching them
- ii. Registration kit
- iii. Certificates printing
- iv. Course material
- v. Honorarium for Resource persons
- vi. Honorarium for Secretarial Staff
6. The responsibility (including expenses) of the host institution organizing FDP include the following:
- i. Preparing the master draft of the brochure
- ii. Ensure the availability of relevant infrastructure and resource persons
- iii. Preparing the master copy of the course material and mailing it to IEEE Madras section, [email protected]
- iv. Transport for the delegates and resource persons
- v. Lodging facilities of the delegates and resource persons
- vi. Arrangements for Lunch and refreshments
- vii. Photos / Videos / mementos/Banner as per host institution’s choice.
7. The expenditure in excess of the collected money has to be borne by the host institution organizing the FDP.
8. The Host institution may make use of sponsors to meet their expenses.
9. The organizer should submit the following within 15 days of completion of the Program.
- i. Soft copy of the brief report in doc/rtf/txt format) with photos (jpg format) for publication in the newsletter (by mail to [email protected])
- ii. Hard/soft copy of course material/proceedings
- iii. List of participants with contact details
- iv. List of resource persons with contact details
10. Maximum of 6 FDPs (2 FDPs for the same institution in one calendar), can be supported by IEEE Madras section in one calendar year.